Composer in Residence – Women Composers to Frankfurt. 6th International Scholarship 2024
In cooperation with the Frankfurt University of Music and Performing Arts, Institute for Contemporary Music (IzM), the Archive of Women and Music (Archiv Frau und Musik) announces a three month residency (from September to November 2024) for a female composer. Applicants of all ages and nationalities are invited to apply. The successful applicant will be chosen by a panel of experts in the field of contemporary music. A chamber music work is to be composed during the residency.
Closing date for applications is February, 26th, 2024. Any recourse to courts of law is excluded.
Supporting Programme and Musical Events
- Working on one or more works of the composer with students of the Frankfurt University of Music (HfMDK)
- Possible cooperation with the school project Response by HfMDK: Giving a workshop lasting several days together with a musician for a school class in order to develop an “response” to one of the resident’s compositions
- November 2024: Final concert with the premier of the newly composed piece of chamber music and optionally the work developed in the school project
- Any additional supporting programme will take place in agreement
The composer will be provided with cost-free housing in Frankfurt, a monthly ticket for Frankfurt’s public transportation system, and a monthly scholarship allowance of 850 Euros, enabling her to live and work in Frankfurt. Travel costs up to 500 Euros are covered as well.
The jury members are Elnaz Seyedi (composer), Prof. Dr. Christina Richter-Ibáñez (Frankfurt University of Music and Performing Arts), Melissa Panlasigui (conductor), Stefan Fricke (Hessischer Rundfunk), as well as Hannes Seidl (composer).
Application documents must include an informal cover letter, the composer’s résumé, a catalogue of works and the scores of two works for chamber music ensembles or larger ensembles (with recordings if possible). The documents have to be downloaded into the Archive’s cloud storage system. If you wish to apply, send an e-mail to CiR2024[at]archiv-frau-musik.de without any attachments. Then you will be sent further instructions. Application guidelines can be seen on https://www.archiv-frau-musik.de/projekte/composer-in-residence. The winner of the residency will be announced in the end of March.
- CALL FOR PROPOSALS for Composer in Residence 2024
- F.A.Q. in English for Composer in Residence 2024
- Privacy protection agreement
- Participant agreement/Declaration/Licence agreement of rights Composer in Residence 2024
Please send your email to express your interest in applying to: CiR2024[at]archiv-frau-musik.de
If you have any questions, please contact:
Bettina Weber and Jelena Rothermel
Archiv Frau und Musik
D-60528 Frankfurt am Main
Tel.: +49-(0)69-95 92 86 85
Our former partners for the composer in residence project are: