As a non-profit organization, the Internationale Arbeitskreis Frau und Musik e. V. is dependent on external support. It receives institutional funding from the city of Frankfurt and the state of Hesse as well as project funding from various foundations.
Sponsoring institutions are
- Hessian Ministry of Science and Art (institutional funding) (institutional funding)
- City of Frankfurt am Main (institutional funding)
- Frankfurt Foundation: Maecenia for Women in Science and Art (project funding)
- Mariann Steegmann Foundation – Promotion of Women in Music and the Arts, based in Bremen (support for the acquisition of important estates of women composers; project funds)
- Digitales Deutsches Frauenarchiv (DDF) (project funds)